Header

The first Mississippi River Trail sign at the Headwaters

Monday, October 31, 2016

Chapter 35 Signs, Signs everywhere are signs.

  I started taking photos of the tens of thousands of signs I passed along the trail. Some are funny, some thought provoking and some just plain strange.  Here is a gallery of signs I collected along the way.

Best pro-Trump sign I saw. 
Best anti-Trump sign I saw.
All we need is...
Variations on this home made sign was very popular everywhere.
Not sure if Martha Stewart or Ralph Lauren had anything to do with the idea.

This sign encouraging sin was directly across the street from
this sign.  The liquor store had more cars parked in front but it was not a Sunday.
I just thought it was creative.
Murphy's favorite.

The property was in such disrepair that the only thing worth
stealing would be the Smith and Wesson.
The owner told me it was for sale for $50.  No room in my trailer. 
These memorials were poignant reminders of
the dangers of the road.  They were all too frequent. 

From an exhibit on "Cats in Art" in Memphis Art Museum.

The food must be authentic given the owner's tenuous
 grasp of the english alphabet.

A handsome 40's memorial done in ceramic tile in Greenville, MS

Not sure if I had a derringer or something not listed it would be OK.

Low cost ownership signage change.

It was OK if you had no shirt or shoes.

Warehouse where the Mardis Gras Floats  are stored In New Orleans.

Tough Love in the delta.

I guess you would be dead.

Just a cool sign. 

No comments:

Post a Comment